Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

How to make your own console.

Go down 
+3
8====D
Shell
uzy_gangster
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
uzy_gangster

uzy_gangster

How to make your own console. Empty
PostSubject: How to make your own console.   How to make your own console. EmptyFri May 13, 2011 8:16 am

blah blah blah, I will be showing you how to make your own console.
Things you will need before I start:-
Pakscape: http://eliteforce2.filefront.com/file/PakScape_V_011;1327
A program that allows you to save files as .tga format, like Paint.net.
A picture from google that will be your console. Example:

How to make your own console. Blue%20Neon%20Nights

What you want to do with that is save the image to your desktop.

Once you have chosen your desired image and saved it to your desktop, open it with a program that can save images as .tga format, in my case, Paint.net. You can also write text on the image, edit it etc etc, the choice is yours.

Some print screens to help you:

How to make your own console. Savefile1

How to make your own console. Savefile2

Okay, now this is important. Once you have 'save as' you must save the file name as 'console01' and it must be in TGA format, like in the screen above.

Now, you need to download a console, you can download one from H$ clan site, http://www.hsclan.namepad.net/modules.php?name=Downloads&op=getit&lid=21 (Note you need to register to download off their).

Okay, so once you downloaded, extract with Winrar and right click>open with>choose default program>if Pakscape isnt in the list, browse and locate the file.

Once you have opened it with Pakscape, there should be 2 folders, 'gfx' and 'scripts' click 'gfx'>'misc'>and there should be a file in their called 'console01' delete it. At the top, click 'Objects'>'Import File'> and locate your picture (which is in .tga format) and it should then appear there. Click File>save.
It should look a lil something like this:

How to make your own console. Pakscape

Close the program and copy the file to 'baseq3' and it should work now.
Any questions? feel free to hit me up on xfire and I'll be happy to help. Xfire:-uzy1gangster
*Note Some consoles may be stretched out due to the resoloution.
Back to top Go down
Shell
Admin

PostSubject: Re: How to make your own console.   How to make your own console. EmptyFri May 13, 2011 8:27 am

Is a nice guide yeh :) One suggestion though. People wanting to do this dont need to use Pakscape. a pak file is simply a zip file. If you rename the .pk3 bit (extension) to .zip you have a fully extractable file. This works the other way too. If you want to make a pk3. Just use a winzip and rename the .zip to .pk3.
Back to top Go down
8====D

PostSubject: Re: How to make your own console.   How to make your own console. EmptyFri May 13, 2011 9:26 am

thanks gangster
Back to top Go down
ParaPeet
Admin

PostSubject: Re: How to make your own console.   How to make your own console. EmptyFri May 13, 2011 10:25 am

Pffft. you thief. Do it manually like I did :-o.
jk. n1 :P
Back to top Go down
uzy_gangster

uzy_gangster

PostSubject: Re: How to make your own console.   How to make your own console. EmptyFri May 13, 2011 1:47 pm

8====D wrote:
thanks gangster
no problemo cake
and yeh, torts way is much faster then mine
Back to top Go down
8====D

PostSubject: Re: How to make your own console.   How to make your own console. EmptyFri May 13, 2011 2:31 pm

uzy_gangster wrote:
8====D wrote:
thanks gangster
no problemo cake
and yeh, torts way is much faster then mine

oh, pink
Back to top Go down
snowjiggles

snowjiggles

PostSubject: Re: How to make your own console.   How to make your own console. EmptyFri May 13, 2011 2:58 pm

So there's no re-sizing that needs to be done?
Back to top Go down
uzy_gangster

uzy_gangster

PostSubject: Re: How to make your own console.   How to make your own console. EmptyFri May 13, 2011 3:36 pm

Yeh you can resize, although mine was the right size, try making it small, it could do the trick, if its still stretched then do the opposite, make it big.
Back to top Go down
Lost*Wife
Admin
Lost*Wife

PostSubject: Re: How to make your own console.   How to make your own console. EmptyFri May 13, 2011 8:38 pm

too much commands =/ I only got to the step where i need to find a picture from google that will be my console 09
Back to top Go down
ParaPeet
Admin

PostSubject: Re: How to make your own console.   How to make your own console. EmptyFri May 13, 2011 11:23 pm

step 1: take a ss of your regular console
step 2: paste in your stupid gfx editor
step 3: resize so you only see the console
step 4: erase everything on your screen
step 5: paste the picture or draw or whatever you want your console to look like
step 6: save it appropiately or something
step 7: ......
step 8: profit

optional step: get drunk.
Please note that you can fit this step in at any time you want.
Back to top Go down
snowjiggles

snowjiggles

PostSubject: Re: How to make your own console.   How to make your own console. EmptySat May 14, 2011 12:00 am

http://www.zamzar.com/

You can use that site to convert a .jpg to a .tga if you don't have a program that can do it. :P
Back to top Go down
Shell
Admin

PostSubject: Re: How to make your own console.   How to make your own console. EmptySat May 14, 2011 4:57 am

is there really profit? i mean i dont think u actually gain anything on top of the materials you already had :o just the same things mashed together. step 8 needs reconsidering.
Back to top Go down
Lost*Wife
Admin
Lost*Wife

PostSubject: Re: How to make your own console.   How to make your own console. EmptySat May 14, 2011 5:31 am

take a ss of your regular console? I have a console in baseq3 that panda (i think) made me so cant i just use that?
Back to top Go down
snowjiggles

snowjiggles

PostSubject: Re: How to make your own console.   How to make your own console. EmptySat May 14, 2011 12:48 pm

I screwed up somewhere :/ I just get the same console I already had.
Back to top Go down
uzy_gangster

uzy_gangster

PostSubject: Re: How to make your own console.   How to make your own console. EmptySat May 14, 2011 3:27 pm

Well I'm not free today and probably wont be free for most of tommorrow too so I cant help you for now, I'm in London and on my cousins computer :p
Back to top Go down
snowjiggles

snowjiggles

PostSubject: Re: How to make your own console.   How to make your own console. EmptySat May 14, 2011 3:34 pm

That's fine :P I sent a request on xfire yesterday, so whenever you're free and online works. :D
Back to top Go down
Lost*Wife
Admin
Lost*Wife

PostSubject: Re: How to make your own console.   How to make your own console. EmptySun May 15, 2011 9:04 am

uzy_gangster wrote:
Well I'm not free today and probably wont be free for most of tommorrow too so I cant help you for now, I'm in London and on my cousins computer :p

you are only 15 uzy, dont act all busy on us
Back to top Go down
Shell
Admin

PostSubject: Re: How to make your own console.   How to make your own console. EmptySun May 15, 2011 10:14 am

yep you can just replace the image in the one u already have :)
Back to top Go down
yuva

yuva

PostSubject: Re: How to make your own console.   How to make your own console. EmptySun May 15, 2011 11:33 am

lol hi friends for that only still i didnt tried that console screen.....after getting all comments and information its very easy to create guys........
Back to top Go down
Lost*Wife
Admin
Lost*Wife

PostSubject: Re: How to make your own console.   How to make your own console. EmptySun May 15, 2011 1:41 pm

Shell wrote:
yep you can just replace the image in the one u already have :)

Now we are talking! ok i will tell u a new way of making a console picture;

1. Turn on pc
2. Look for a good song or playerlist to listen to.
3. Open Xfire and change status to "Can someone send me a console picture?"
4. Accept a console picture of someone.
5. Change the picture and put it in Baseq3.
6. Take a deep breath and open Quake 3.
7. Look if it worked.
8. Tell me if it worked.
9. Collect your reward from Peet which can be 1 of the following: Beer, whisky or a link to a hot girl on cam.
Back to top Go down
ParaPeet
Admin

PostSubject: Re: How to make your own console.   How to make your own console. EmptySun May 15, 2011 1:42 pm

There is no way im giving my whisky or my beer away :-o
Back to top Go down
Shell
Admin

PostSubject: Re: How to make your own console.   How to make your own console. EmptySun May 15, 2011 1:45 pm

Look peet they are running away from you now :o noone is taking them they just grow legs and move. are u drunk again ? :o
Back to top Go down
ParaPeet
Admin

PostSubject: Re: How to make your own console.   How to make your own console. EmptySun May 15, 2011 1:49 pm

no I quit drinking :-o
Back to top Go down
snowjiggles

snowjiggles

PostSubject: Re: How to make your own console.   How to make your own console. EmptySun May 15, 2011 2:35 pm

ParaPeet wrote:
no I quit drinking :-o
Best joke I've heard all year...
Back to top Go down
ParaPeet
Admin

PostSubject: Re: How to make your own console.   How to make your own console. EmptySun May 15, 2011 2:38 pm

How rude. It is not even the first time I have said it all year.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How to make your own console.   How to make your own console. Empty

Back to top Go down

How to make your own console.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next