Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Clean your configs for NoGhost 144

Go down 
+3
Shell
DC
-Metal-
7 posters
AuthorMessage
-Metal-

Clean your configs for NoGhost 144 Empty
PostSubject: Clean your configs for NoGhost 144   Clean your configs for NoGhost 144 EmptySun Mar 01, 2009 11:38 am

Ok well as some of you may know, Maverick has released a list of people who have been found hacking over the last year. This list comes from testing the new NoGhost server build he released back then. Here is a link to the post.

http://forums.noghost.net/cgi-bin/ib/ikonboard.cgi?s=79e05f442fab39d544aa0952deaeec1e;act=ST;f=9;t=4466;st=0

If you've ever hacked, or used someones config that did, then you might still be in danger of dropping. You should have a clean version of your quake3.exe file and your pk3 files. Don't use other people's configs without knowing what's in them. This is because many people on this list reportly had the command q3_wall 1 in their configs, yet had never hacked. I know personally I looked in some configs I got from other people and I found this line in their configs. If I had been using those configs with NoGhost 144, the server would have said : "Metallurgy dropped for suspected cheating" and I would have been labeled a hacker.

So make sure your configs are clean! Consider this your warning, as from now on, people are not going to be tolerant of the excuse "Oh I just got that config off my friend, I didn't know what was in it!"

Good luck everyone, happy quaking :)
Back to top Go down
DC

PostSubject: Re: Clean your configs for NoGhost 144   Clean your configs for NoGhost 144 EmptySun Mar 01, 2009 2:51 pm

I was quite surprised wen I saw these ppls name yesterday evening. Its like I used to think these guys were pros now they are blacklisted as hackers :twisted: . As from now on most server making their server Noghost 144 server. So u must have full and noghost 144 to play there, which includes H$ server :) . They already had 3 drops today. About q3_wall, not sure wat it is, or wat it does, but seems like its many people's excuse that they got dropped becoz of it. I checked my cfg and luckily I dont have it 8) . If any of u want to see if u have it or to remove it "open up your q3config press ctrl+f and just type in q3 and search btw remember search up and down" and about clean q3.exe installation, atm I dont have it. I downloaded my q3 from megaupload which firstly had L1fe's cfg(not Lost*L1fe). So Im kinda concern if that will make me drop too Rolling Eyes . Anyway all I can say download 144 and hf. Cheers to 144 ;)
Back to top Go down
Shell
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Clean your configs for NoGhost 144   Clean your configs for NoGhost 144 EmptySun Mar 01, 2009 3:11 pm

Ah right thanks for the Info metal :)
I didn't find that line in my cfg so im safe :D
Back to top Go down
Lost*Husband

Lost*Husband

PostSubject: Re: Clean your configs for NoGhost 144   Clean your configs for NoGhost 144 EmptySun Mar 01, 2009 8:43 pm

confused
Back to top Go down
Ex!le

Ex!le

PostSubject: Re: Clean your configs for NoGhost 144   Clean your configs for NoGhost 144 EmptyMon Mar 02, 2009 11:21 am

I'm on demo. My full quake fps is like 5-10 which is veery laggy so does that mean i wont be able to play on lost server anymore either?
Back to top Go down
Esquire

Esquire

PostSubject: Re: Clean your configs for NoGhost 144   Clean your configs for NoGhost 144 EmptyMon Mar 02, 2009 11:51 am

If the server's owner, admin, maintainer or whoever has access to lost server will force Noghost, then you won't. You'd better fix your config if you'd like to play henceforward.
Back to top Go down
FaHaD

FaHaD

PostSubject: Re: Clean your configs for NoGhost 144   Clean your configs for NoGhost 144 EmptyMon Mar 02, 2009 12:19 pm

Ex!lie Is right abt da fps man we cant play.. so how can we fix our config so its not laggy on q3 full
Back to top Go down
Esquire

Esquire

PostSubject: Re: Clean your configs for NoGhost 144   Clean your configs for NoGhost 144 EmptyMon Mar 02, 2009 12:22 pm

The first step is deleting q3config.cfg 8)
Back to top Go down
FaHaD

FaHaD

PostSubject: Re: Clean your configs for NoGhost 144   Clean your configs for NoGhost 144 EmptyMon Mar 02, 2009 12:24 pm

then what?
Back to top Go down
-Metal-

PostSubject: Re: Clean your configs for NoGhost 144   Clean your configs for NoGhost 144 EmptyMon Mar 02, 2009 6:29 pm

To get higher fps, set all graphics to low and use vertex lighting in setup.

r_picmip 10 is a good line to have in your configs.

Check here for more details.

http://www.planetquake3.net/tweak/fps_commands.html
Back to top Go down
Lost*Husband

Lost*Husband

PostSubject: Re: Clean your configs for NoGhost 144   Clean your configs for NoGhost 144 EmptyMon Mar 02, 2009 8:22 pm

dnt forget 2 check ur maxpackets and everythin
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Clean your configs for NoGhost 144   Clean your configs for NoGhost 144 Empty

Back to top Go down

Clean your configs for NoGhost 144
Page 1 of 1